Mechanical Design Engineer
We, a high-tech machine manufacturer based in Aalter, specialise in the design, production and commissioning of printing machines using the pad printing process. We also supply all accessories, including inks, printing plates and printing pads.
Our customers are global players in the fields of pharma, food, medical devices, but also cosmetics, toys and automotive.
We are proud of our status as Siemens OEM partner from the very beginning.
Everyone @PI does their bit to achieve our goals. Customer satisfaction requires commitment from everyone and the will to want to accelerate that last metre. “Teamwork makes the dream work” could be our slogan.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
As part of the team, you will help design the high-tech printing machines.
We design modular and unit-wise, usually starting from previous designs, either as an idea or as a ready-to-use unit.
The design takes into account customer requirements, which can be very specific.
Use of standard available components and manufacturability of parts are also important design parameters.
As a design engineer, you will also draw up an assembly plan including the necessary calibration steps.
Knowledge of electrical wiring is a must. Knowledge of machine controls is a plus, not a must.
Our quality requirements are high. After all, the machines we make print with accuracies better than 0.1 mm.
Today it concerns a machine for an Indian customer active in pharma, tomorrow a machine for a Finnish customer active in Medical Devices. This is a very varied job in a high-tech environment for customers who are often world leaders in their field!
You are in direct contact with internal production, assembly and project management.
Naturally, we offer a competitive salary.
- You can of course read plans fluently (mechanically) and have the necessary skills and experience to design high-tech machines.
- Knowledge of electricity, in particular with regard to electrical drives and machine controls, is a plus.
- You are stress-resistant, communicative and (technically and executive) independent but also a team player.
- Preferably, you check off the following list positively:
- You enjoyed a technical education level industrial engineer or equivalent through experience
- You have experience in mechanical engineering, i.e. pneumatics, drive systems and product manipulation
- You have knowledge of the applicable standards in mechanical engineering
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design standards
- Practical knowledge of assembly
- Experience with 2D and 3D drawing package
- Computers (Windows) and office applications
- You work accurately and neatly and according to a predetermined planning
- You are able to work independently on the basis of parts drawings, assembly drawings, flow charts, planning and general guidelines, but are also able to work as part of a team
- Dutch is the working language, but with a good knowledge of English